Church of the Holy Spirit - 1717 Ritchie Rd, Forestville, MD 20747 / 301-336-3707 / frjoe@erols.com / AN UNOFFICIAL "PERSONAL" BLOG

Monday, September 19, 2005

The March for Life 2005

Here I am with my nieces and nephews, although my brother Paul went to work and their mother Tina went hunting for food and maybe a bathroom. We came up with the good people from Holy Rosary Parish in Upper Marlboro, MD.

I think the camera got twisted here and that we are actually going UPHILL and not down. One of my nephews is giving me a helpful push from behind. Gravity is a fat man's greatest handicap.

Yes, I think I must have been the fattest man in the march! My feet and back ached at the end and I was ever so relieved to reach the bus.

I hate the march. It is almost always freezing. The crowds move slowly and press hard against you. A whole day is taken up. And I have to listen to that rap priest at the convention center. But as much as I hate it, I will keep on going for as long as I am able-- for the innocent babies-- to witness to the sanctity of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home